Sunday, January 3, 2010

Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam...

Today Corbin officially entered Primary on his first day as a Sunbeam. I remember when he started in nursery it was pure excitement, and I couldn't wait to drop him off so I could attend my church meetings in peace, but that was more or less babysitting. Sunbeams he actually sits on his little chair and participates in organized activities and listens to little lessons. Man, he really is getting so big and smart.

It was actually not quite how we had pictured it to be. He has been talking about going into Sunbeams with "the big kids" for weeks now. And the big day finally came right as we switched to 1 o'clock church and low and behold Corbin falls asleep not 15 minutes before Primary starts. So I moved him onto the hard floor next to me in Sunday school assuming he would wake up any minute and I would take him in to his new class.

But and hour and half later he was still sleeping and I knew he would be crushed if he woke up and discovered he had missed the whole thing, so I tried to wake him up and take him into his classroom. I left him half asleep on his chair with his thrilled new teachers and by the time I came back to get him 20 minutes later he was grinning ear to ear, chewing on a giant wad of candy and telling me how great it was. Hopefully he can adjust to this new schedule and make it to sharing time as well next week.

1 comment:

Natalie Sue said...

Oh, I am laughing out loud. Grinning and chewing on candy. That's awesome.