Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Free Day at the Zoo!


I love the curiosity of little kids. The questions they ask... the things they notice... the conclusions they come up with. Any activity that allows me to see the world through the eyes of my kids is always a good thing.


Oh man... I just love these little guys, and it was so fun spending the day with them. (Now some mothers would be hesitant to let their 3-year-old hold the baby balancing on a statue... but you will notice she is so over bundled that I don't think she would even notice if she did happen to fall :)

It is weird how getting in for free somehow made it easier relax and let them enjoy themselves more. It was a last minute decision to go, and I had no determination to "get my money's worth" so I just let them loose in the gates and Corbin would look at the little signs and point out which way he wanted to go and what animal he wanted to see next. He was cute.


Makelle was obviously much more interactive this time around, what with being a little older and all. She would stand up next to each exhibit and just stare with a huge smile on her face pointing at the animals. It didn't seem to matter if it was a common bunny or a giant exotic tiger, she loved them all the same. She would also occasional wave "bye-bye" to the animals. Adorable little thing.



Avoiding the entrance fee also made me feel justified to splurge and let them both ride on the carousel. Corbin loved it! He was beaming with pride and kept pointing out that he was doing it all by himself. (Since I was over standing with Makelle) -- Side story, Makelle is starting to take a few steps here and there and whenever we get excited for her and congratulate her, Corbin always runs by shouting, "look at me Mommy, I can walk too!" "Yes, Corbin, I have never been so proud.")