Monday, May 4, 2009

Soccer


I have joined a soccer team with Caleb. Caleb has played since he was about 3. Half of our team has played since they were 3. I have not.

Back in August some of our friends got together and decided to sign up for an indoor soccer team. Half of the people had played before and wanted to teach their spouses so they joined a co-ed beginners league. I was pregnant at the time, so I couldn't play with them, but promised to join them once Makelle was born.

So now she is born and a couple weeks ago I hit the 6 week recovery mark and got the go ahead to start exercising again. At this same time our team switched to play on Monday nights because in Utah it is cheaper, since most people are at home with their families that night, and they have a hard time filling the teams.

However, there still weren't enough teams to sign up so there is no beginners league, it is just everybody combined. So we now play against good people, which the rest of the team does okay against. But while they were learning how to play and getting good for the past 9 months, I was sitting around gaining massive amounts of excess weight :)

So I now play with all good people, and am ridiculously out of shape and have never played soccer in my life. It is pretty pathetic looking, but dang am I getting a good work out running all over the place trying to figure out where I am suppose to be!

And surprisingly enough, Caleb and I haven't even gotten a divorce yet! It is actually a lot of fun playing together although, you can tell the poor boy gets frustrated when he gives me a perfect pass and no one is guarding me (it doesn't take the other team long to realize I am not a threat) and I still miss the goal. But he puts aside his competitive edge and is really patient with me and is trying to help teach me.

No comments: