Monday, May 4, 2009

Makelle's Special Day


Yesterday at church Caleb was able to bless our precious little girl. She was promised all sorts of wonderful blessings. I am so glad we have the gospel in our lives to afford us opportunities, such as this, to feel the spirit and see the Lord's hand in our lives. Blessing a baby reminds me how the Lord truly does know every one of us individually and has given us certain talents and abilities to help us throughout our lives, even beginning in our infancy. I never thought that I would be one of those girls that adores babies, but I tell you there is just something about them that brings peace and joy to a room. Makelle truly is a miraculous gift from the Lord and such a blessing in our lives already. We just love her so much!



Twenty-four years ago, my dad was able to give me a similar blessing and my mom kept the dress that I wore that day and gave it to me when I moved out and got married. Well I managed to not lose it for the past 4 years and now that I have my own little girl I thought that it would be fun to have her wear the same dress. However, I am slightly (or maybe highly) opposed to lace and frills, so I modified the dress slightly by cutting off all the lace and replacing it with ribbon and then adding some layers of fabric to add some length and make it look a little more modern. I was pleasantly surprised when it actually worked out and looked somewhat like I had imagined when I started the project! And of course Makelle looked gorgeous and so precious on her special day.



Both of our families were able to join us for church yesterday and share in our joy. Thank you to our parents and siblings who took the time to spend the day with us, it was so great to have everyone there with us.

1 comment:

harmony marie said...

Cute Cute Dress! I'm so proud!