Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Happy Birthday Baby Girl!

Since Caleb is working late, we are going to wait and celebrate Makelle's birthday on Sunday with cake and presents. But since it is her first official birthday today, I wanted to do something for her.

So, during her nap today Corbin helped me decorate the house and we have been loving her to death all day long!


(You know how when you type a banner on the computer it displays the second page below the first, rather than next to it? Well I could have sworn I was writing "Happy 1st Birthday Makelle!!" It wasn't until I hung it up and my 3-year-old read it "Happy Birthday 1st Makelle!!" and I went to correct him, that I realized he was right and the sign is out of order and makes no sense... sad, huh? Anyway it's the thought that counts, or so I am telling myself, and luckily she can't read yet, so I think I'm okay :)


It has been a crazy fast year!!

She already signs a whole ton of words and says a couple of little things.

Her first word was definitely "Mama" shortly followed by "Dada" a few months ago.

She can point out where her hair and nose are.

She loves to dance and wiggle her little body.

She loves taking baths and climbing up on the bathroom step stool (Although she technically isn't allowed to... scary dangerous!)

She also enjoys playing on the stairs (lucky us)!

She likes books, but refuses to let you hold them while reading to her.

She has started to walk more than she crawls.

She eats nearly anything... a welcomed relief after attempting to feed Corbin for the past 3 years!

She likes accessories. She always takes Daddy's watch and tries to put it on, or wraps ribbons around her head, pulls her socks off, plays with her shoelaces, etc.

She idolizes Corbin, and loves to wrestle with him and poke him.

She only has three teeth (two up until last week).

Whenever she hears the front door open she starts squealing and kicking her feet to get down and then she bolts for the door to get a hug from Daddy.

She has this little doll that she squeezes with her neck and shoulder when you tell her to hug the baby.

She LOVES cell phones. I can't even answer my phone when I am holding her, because she will immediately start screeching for her turn, until you give in and hand it to her.

She is a super happy baby, but when she does bonk and get hurt she does that thing where they scream so long and hard that no sound is coming out... only she does it so long that she briefly passes out (for like a 1/2 a second) and it scares me to death.

She is pretty good at listening and obeying... she is most frequently reprimanded to "sit down on your bum, please" and "no, no in your mouth please."

She loves it when the whole family is together and she bounces from person to person smiling.

Everytime she hears the word "prayer" she folds her arms. (And keeps them that way for about 2.5 seconds :)

She is definitely loved and adored by all of us, and I can't imagine our family without her! We love you Makelle!

3 comments:

Caleb said...

Your sign is technically right, she is our "1st Makelle"

Tyler said...

...and just think how special this will make her feel when you name all of your subsequent children Makelle.

harmony marie said...

Cute little girl