Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Oh, Corbin

Corbin found a pair of sunglasses and loves them almost as much as my swimming goggles that he insists on wearing each week when we go to the pool.


He does look pretty cool though.

On an unrelated note...

Corbin is a very independent child (Caleb claims he is just like me, but frankly I don't know what he is talking about :)

He thinks he is in charge and should decide on everything he does. So in an effort to compromise and come to a working solution for both of us we created a daily schedule for him. Every morning I put up the things that we have to get done and then he is allowed to pick out a few activities to fill in the blanks.

It seems to work pretty well, our days seem to flow a little easier with less opposition every time I try to move into the next activity. Or at least it was until he put his mischievous little mind to work the other day.

"Alright Corbin, if you are done eating please go pick out a book and I'll read to you on your bed before nap time."

"No, it's not nap time yet!"

"Yes it is buddy, naps are after lunch."

"No."

I pull out my new magic weapon: "Yes it is, go look at your schedule."

He jumps down and runs over to the wall: "No, see... next is story time."

??? Did I really mess it up, and now my brilliant plan is backfiring on me?


No. It turns out he is just trying to work the system.

"Corbin, why is nap time down by bedtime?"

"I moved it, now it's story time!"

5 comments:

Ashley Miller said...

That kid has "evil genius" potential written all over him. He'd better talk to his Uncle Jake about learning how to use his powers for good. :)

Jacob Miller said...

He makes a good point. I bet he could squeeze nap time in the middle of sleep time. If only little tykes ran the world...

Charity said...

I love the schedule you made. Its a great idea, I should try it. He is too funny- and too smart:)

tanner said...

i know what Caleb is talking about

Kourtney said...

That is awesome I laughed and laughed. I love the schedule.