Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A New Chapter

Corbin LOVES to read. He will sit there for hours and ask you to read him book after book after book. So today I decided to test his attention span and start him on a chapter book (which is also more interesting for me than reading The Cat in the Hat 5 times in a row).


So I found a copy of Charlotte's Web on our bookshelf and we cuddled up on the bed, thinking he might be able to sit through a chapter a day or so. 40 minutes later we had read a fifth of the book and I was the one who finally suggested we take a break. He won't sit still long enough to eat a meal or color a picture, but he'll sit quietly forever if you are reading a book. Go figure.

3 comments:

Ashley Miller said...

Awwww. A boy after my own heart. I remember reading Charlotte's Web in kindergarten. He's way ahead of me!

Jacob Miller said...

Corbin,
The pig gets eaten at the end.

With Love,
Uncle Jake

CJ Armstrong said...

He is so great. I hope that he continues to read great books. I love reading now. Some great memories is staying in on rainy days, drinking hot chocolate and reading a book.