Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Plant Update

Right after we learned about seeds and plants, Corbin had the exact same lesson in Sunbeams and planted something.  He couldn't remember what the teacher said it was, I suppose we'll have fun watching and guessing along the way.  So far it appears to be some sort of bean.  I suggested this to Corbin to see if it sparked a memory, but all he did was get excited and start telling everyone about his bean stalk he is growing in a cup.  I am pretty sure he is going to be in for a disappointment when it doesn't reach the clouds and yield a magic harp or golden eggs.



Our vegetable starts have been doing very well. Everything sprouted pretty quickly. Corbin and I have been measuring their growth each week (so twice now, but still), watering them and moving them all around the house each morning, noon and night (much to Caleb's delight, but living in a dungeon basement condo you do what you have to in order to get any sunlight on them).


Then, as you can see, last night I accidently dropped a stack of cups on them and crushed half of our poor little plants. It was quite sad. I replanted new seeds in them and we'll try it again, but now they might be too late to get going in time, I guess we'll find out.

No comments: