Thursday, November 5, 2009

And so it begins

Makelle has been doing really well with eating solids. Meaning it has been a much more pleasant experience than what we went through with Corbin, who got sick almost every single time I fed him at first. So I decided to brave the proteins with Makelle last night and fed her meat for the first time. I made a really simple chicken soup (broth, peas, carrots, shredded chicken), pureed it for her and let her try it. She didn't seem to like it -- out came the clenched jaw and flailing hands, but we managed to get some down her. Two hours later she started throwing up all over herself. Poor girl, she clearly wasn't ready for it and Mommy tried to make her eat it. I felt horrible. Everyone tells me that if you wait too long to introduce new flavors and textures you end up with a picky eater (Exhibit A: Corbin) but my kids just seem to have such sensitive little digestive systems, I think we really don't have any other option. So, I guess we are back to fruits, veggies and simple grains for now.

No comments: