Saturday, November 28, 2009

I am Thankful for...


... family


... our health


... yummy food


... games


... and my kids!



This year for Thanksgiving we stayed at home and enjoyed a lazy weekend full of food, games and laughter.

My perpetually sick kids were not feeling well the first part of the week. (They both had fevers, coughs, and lots of runny noses, then Makelle broke out in this weird rash all over her body.) But by Wednesday they started feeling a little better, so my dad came down and gave us a break and watched the kids while we went to a movie together... always so fun.

Then on Thursday we slept in, ate a nice breakfast together, then got ready and headed over to my Aunt's house in Farmington. We had a yummy Thanksgiving dinner with my Grandparents, parents, brothers, aunts and uncles and their families.

It is a Nash family tradition that every year after dinner we play BINGO. Everyone brings some fun little prizes and every time you get a BINGO you get to pick from the pile, then when the pile runs out you start to steal from each other until someone gets a blackout. I think Corbin ended up with every single prize that had balls or wheels involved... one was a little electronic car, which he played with so much that the batteries died within 5 hours. Apparently it isn't meant to be constantly running for all 5 hours straight!

The next day we sat home and played games and watched movies while everyone else braved the Black Friday crowds, then we went up to my parents to eat turkey sandwiches, hang out with the family and play cards with my Grandparents... Grandpa and I thoroughly beat Caleb and Grandma each and every single round... it was great.

Today we will most definitely be watching the BYU vs. Utah football game, with high hopes of cheering the Cougars to victory.

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Yeah, way to go Cougars! BYU!!!