Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy 28th Caleb!

Friday was Caleb's birthday. We all woke up and ate french toast together before he had to head off to work. I got to go downtown and meet Caleb for lunch. It was fun to eat a meal together in the middle of the day and have an actual conversation without interruptions from the kids every 30 seconds. Then when he got home he quickly opened his presents before we had to head out the door for our soccer game.



At the game Caleb got his favorite gift, the perfect game winning goal. It being my first outdoor soccer game ever, I really can't do it justice with my unskilled description, but he tells me it was the best shot he has ever made. It basically curved around the defenders and bent back into the corner of the goal in a nearly impossible manner. Good job babe!

Then on Saturday we went and saw Iron Man 2 with his brother, which was really good. I think we both enjoyed the movie and given that we had an extra kid over the weekend it was nice to spend some time alone together and relax. On our way home we were able to stop and visit our new nephew at the hospital, which was of course a great experience. Babies really are the most precious blessings.

On Sunday the kids gave me a cute card and chocolates with my Mother's Day present. And at church Corbin got to go up on the stand and sing a couple of songs for Mothers. Though it is such a small and simple thing, it is still so fun watching him grow up and conquer new things and accomplish more and more without us being right there helping him all along the way.

Then after church we went up to my parents' house for a Mother's Day/Birthday dinner. We had Caleb's traditional almond poppy seed cake with Rainbow Chip frosting. I let the kids put the candles into the cake for him and Makelle instantly discovered that candles make good frosting spoons.




We had a great weekend full of fun and celebration!

1 comment:

Charity said...

Happy Birthday Caleb :)