Thursday, October 23, 2008

Big Trouble Bean

I wished I'd of thought to take a picture, but I didn't, so you'll have to use your imaginations here, but picture this:

I didn't feel very good this morning and I was way tired, so I caved and put on a show for Corbin in our room while I rested on the bed next to him. I have done this before when I was way tired or morning sick over the summer, but today must have been bad because I fell full on asleep, which I don't think I have ever done before, just sort of dozed always. So I wake up an hour later and he has 10 suckers opened and is having a sugar hay-day. Apparently there were some left in my nightstand that he could reach.

As soon as he sees me, he knows he is in trouble and he kinda jumps and then says, "blankies" and tries to tuck me in and get me to go back to sleep so I don't notice him breaking the rules. It was pretty funny.

He obviously knew he wasn't allowed to eat 10 suckers, at the same time, and he obviously knew that even though I was right next to him I was sleeping and wouldn't notice. That Bean.

I felt bad that I had ignored him and fallen asleep in the first place though, so I let him keep one sucker, and I think he was shocked he was allowed to eat it, instead of getting sent to time out. He kept looking at me like, "you're really not going to take it away?"

3 comments:

Jacob Miller said...

"Blankies." Haha. I'll have to try that one sometime on Ashley. "Blankies! I'm not taking more ice cream from the freezer!"

Unknown said...

He's a funny boy.

The Faucheux's said...

Hey Millers! I was blog hopping and discovered you guys! I am glad to hear that life is good. Corbin is a cute little kid. I hope you get feeling better soon, Melinda. Morning sickness with a baby is the pits! Our blog is tobndod.blogspot.com. You can come and see what we are up to anytime!