Monday, November 22, 2010

One Year Older and Wiser Too

Corbin turned 4 years old on Saturday. To celebrate Caleb took him on a "boy adventure" (aka a father and son outing). They went out to eat at McDonalds... where neither of them like nor really eat the food, but Corbin loves to play in the play place area. Then they went to see Mega Mind in 3D, which was Corbin's first experience with things "popping out." He seemed to love it.

While he was gone Makelle took a little nap while I furiously painted away, trying to finish Bean's birthday present. We (well I) decided it would be a great idea to build him a toy castle to go with his dragons and knights that he really wanted, since I am too picky and couldn't find one I liked at a reasonable price. It sure sounded like a good idea when I started it, but it began to lose its appeal at 2 am on Saturday night as we were desperately trying to nail the whole thing together in time for his party the next day.

Come Sunday afternoon we went up to my parent's house and it was all worth it watching him play knights and dragons with his cousins and enjoy his new present. It was fun, hopefully he enjoys it for a long time to come.


Before opening his presents though we had our normal Sunday dinner with my parents, only Corbin got to select the menu. So for dinner we all had pancakes with whip cream, hash browns, hot chocolate, fruit and bacon.



He got lots of fun presents from everyone this year including new books, a movie, computer game, a cool inflatable pirate ship game, clothes, a knight costume from his sister, a dinosaur, a puzzle, his first nerf gun, and a wonderful new pet. I have to admit, I wasn't very excited when my brother told me they wanted to get him a fish, but the kids really seem to love Bullseye. Makelle especially will push their little stool over to the dresser and stare at that fish for hours, I swear.





Anyway, it was a great day, and I love that he hasn't asked to watch TV all week, he just gets up and spends the day rotating through his new toys.

Two of his good friends from our neighborhood happen to have birthdays a couple days apart from him so today we all went to Arctic Circle and ate sweet potato fries and played on the indoor toys.

We had a really fun weekend celebrating our wonderful little boy. The past four years have been great, having that kid around. He is so fun! Happy Birthday Buddy!

1 comment:

Victoria said...

I love the name he picked and that it is all working out nicely. Since Makelle liked the fish so much, maybe we should upgrade to a hamster or bird at Christmas! Just Kidding! Happy Thanksgiving.