Thursday, November 4, 2010

Apple Pick'n

Despite it being November already it was still perfect apple picking weather today. My mom's neighbor was appled out and told us we could take anything we wanted that was left on their trees.


I took the kids with me thinking they could pick up the ones that fell on the ground while I climbed up the ladder and into the tree. No dice. Corbin would not stay on the ground. Every time I got on the ladder he'd start up the tree branches. Whenever I was up the tree I'd look down and he'd be halfway up the ladder... crazy child.


It was fun though and we filled six of those totes up with delicious apples. Tomorrow: homemade applesauce and yummy apple juice.

3 comments:

Victoria said...

Awesome! I was going to give you some of the applesauce and juice for Christmas that we made from my sister's neighbor's tree. I guess I"ll have to think of something else. Enjoy!

Natalie McKnight said...

Mindy, your kids are getting so big. I can't believe how much has changed since we were living in Cedar City going to school. It's crazy. They are so cute.

Purnell Family said...

That is so much fun for you to do with your kiddo's! Sounds like you made so good stuff from the apples :)