Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Conference

In following with our new family tradition, we woke up and made some delicious pancakes with strawberries and whip cream for breakfast. Then we laid around and watched general conference together as a family all weekend. I remember having a hard time sitting still and focusing for so long when I was younger, but now conference weekend is something we look forward to. It is so relaxing and inspiring. We love it!

Celeste was in town for her med school interview at the U, so we got to spend sometime visiting with her. Corbin still expresses his gratitude for her visit almost daily in his prayers, so I guess you could say he enjoyed seeing his Aunt.



This year I broke down and bought some overpriced vegan whip cream and let Corbin try some on his pancakes for the first time, and he is in love! The simplest little things, like watching your child eat whip cream for the first time is such a delight... obviously something I never would have imagined myself saying.


My favorite part was when Makelle took her first bite she looks up at me and says, "teat!" with a giant smile on her face. Yes Makelle, we are calling it breakfast, but let's face it, pancakes, syrup, strawberries and whip cream basically are a full on treat.

No comments: