Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Yay Makelle!

This afternoon Makelle went pee in the toilet! Being only 1 1/2 I am sure we are not ready for potty training, but she patted her bum and indicated she wanted to sit on the potty, so I let her, and walla.






She usually tells me when she needs her diaper changed, by patting her bum, and maybe a week or two ago she started doing it right before she messed her diaper. I let her sit on the toilet one other time last week, but she sat there for a couple seconds and then stood up and relieved herself all over the floor, right next to the potty. But today I was feeling patient and decided to let her have her fun and feel like a big girl again and she actually went where she was supposed to. This of course resulted in a massive amount of praise and a sucker. Good job sweetheart!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

That's fantastic! I've seen a little girl at the daycare going potty at this age, so it's not impossible. Good Luck.

Charity said...

Thats great! I think its so smart to start them early before they hit that resistant stage (aka 2 yrs old and only want to do what THEY want instead of what the Mama wants)