Monday, August 23, 2010

County Fair

I took the kids to the Davis County Fair on Friday. We stood in the extreme heat all day for the opportunity to look at a petting zoo. (They wouldn't even let the kids touch the animals, despite the giant "Petting Zoo" sign hanging above them... how lame is that?) At least they had a cool fence that the kids could swing on, so all was not lost.



The kids also went on a pony ride. I couldn't get any good pictures, because Makelle had a death grip on my arm the entire time, but afterwards she started saying, "more, more!" and trying to run back into the arena. I asked Corbin if he had fun and he rolled his eyes and said, "ya Mom." I can't believe he is already getting to the 'talking to my mom about my feelings' isn't cool age.



After the ponies we passed the little carnival area and they talked me into blowing $4 on a little motorcycle ride.


Then we went onto the booths where some lady was selling cheap (as in cost and quality :) toys out of banana boxes and I once again caved and offered them more money, so they could each pick out one souvenir. (This is why moms shouldn't go the fair on their own, I needed Caleb for back up support when they pull their cute little faces out wanting something.) In typical Corbin/Makelle fashion Corbin went for the most boyish thing he could find and Makelle immediately gravitated towards the girlie accessories. So in the end we went home with some little action figures and a few new bracelets.


We ended the day watching the educational tiger show and seeing some dogs compete trying to jump the farthest off a platform into a pool while the kids ate a picnic dinner. Being a stay-at-home mom is the best.

2 comments:

Tyler said...

Well, who would want to go to a "looking zoo"?

By the way, I'm going to need to book an appointment at your salon soon.

Kourtney said...

Oh I love fairs. Your kids are so cute.