Friday, December 18, 2009

It's a Christmas Miracle!

This morning I made blueberry pancakes for breakfast. I premix a large amount of the dry ingredients for a vegan variety for Corbin, so I can just make a pancake or two's worth at a time by adding some soy milk and oil.

Well, somehow when I was mixing my two separate bowls I messed up and made both batches with regular pancake mix, which has dry eggs and powdered milk in, and fed one to CORBIN!

I was freaking out, because I didn't realize it until after he had eaten almost the whole thing. The last time he ate something he wasn't suppose to he could hardly breathe and needed Benedryl treatments the rest of the day and threw up for hours on end. But today he didn't have any kind of reaction!!

Miracle!

I skin tested him by touching his back with a drop of milk and he immediately had a couple of hives pop up, so he isn't instantly better, but this is the first sign we have ever had that he might just be outgrowing these allergies. Or at least he may not be as severely allergic.

Needless to say... we're excited.

2 comments:

Jacob Miller said...

Merry Christmas Corbin :D

The Smiling Allens said...

Wow that is so exciting!!! It is so hard to give them foods that they've had problems with...good luck!!! May you continue to have miracles!!:)