Sunday, March 8, 2009

"Playing" with Baby Sister

So far Corbin seems to like Makelle quite a bit. He makes me move her all around the house with us so that she can participate in whatever we are doing. He always makes sure she has a toy (which sits on her lap while she naps and we play :) or tries to show her the pictures, or point out cool parts of a movie.

He is also pretty good at helping me take care of her... he picks out a new diaper (he takes his job pretty seriously, he doesn't just grab whatever one is on top of the stack, he looks through and finds a good one with his favorite characters on it) and throws away the old diapers.

And of course he is constantly trying to give her hugs and kisses. (I just hope she can survive his affection!)

I am told this stage doesn't always last and he will soon lose interest in her or start to get more jealous once the newness wears off and he realizes that she is a permanent addition to our family and that she takes a lot of my attention. So I thought I would capture his attempts to be her best friend, while it lasts.

2 comments:

Ashley Miller said...

We nearly exploded from the cuteness. Congratulations again on having TWO darling children. We can't wait to see them...hopefully this summer!

derek said...

Ahhh! What a good big brother.