Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Yea!

Seth usually tells us when he has stinkies.  The past few times he told us right before he went to the bathroom in his diaper... ergo it is time to start potty training again.  The first time I put him on the potty he freaked out and wouldn't stop screaming and trying to get off.  So we have let him play with the potty like it was his personal little chair for the past couple of weeks and then today I decided to get brave and take off his diaper.  He had three accidents on the floor, but he used the potty twice.


He throws his hands in the air and says, "Yea!" whenever he is proud of himself, so we all gave him an overly enthusiastic "Yea!" for his success.  We have a long way to go still, but with any luck he can be close to potty trained by the time this baby gets here in three more months.  I dread the thought of two in diapers!

2 comments:

Ashley Miller said...

I hate you a little bit right now. Not really. Joseph is barely interested in the potty and refuses to use it when I catch him about to go. Any tips?

Melinda said...

Since I got peed on three times I may not be the best person to ask! I don't know what I am going to do when we move in a few weeks to a house with brand new carpet that I care so much about. The run around naked strategy might not work for me.