Friday, January 18, 2013

Happy Birthday to Me!


I turned 28 this year, which is close enough to 30 to make you start to feel old!  We celebrated with a family dinner at my parents' house between Matt and mine's birthdays.  Caleb slaved away all day to make me my favorite cake... which isn't actually cake at all, but rather a delicious combination of fudge, ice cream and candy pieces shaped like a cake.  It was so good! The kids are still at that fun, cute age, where they are more excited about your birthday than you are and they made me lots of cards and pictures to show it.  It was a fun celebration and reminder of how blessed I am.

Then on my actual birthday, we ditched the cute little kids and went out on a double date with the Walkers.  Kids are sweet, but sometimes it is nice to getaway and reconnect with adulthood :)

No comments: