Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Little Miss

Yesterday Aunt Jan invited Makelle into her salon to get her nails done. For some foreign reason that I will perhaps never understand, she was absolutely thrilled with the idea!

For the most part she sat perfectly still... she got a little restless trying to wiggle her fingers at the end while she was waiting for them to finish drying, but I was amazed at how still she was, just staring with pure joy as Jan applied bright pink polish to her nails.


She is a shy little girl so she sort of clung close to Jan and wouldn't show off her little pink nails to the other girls in the salon, but once we got home she was excited to show her pretty pink paint and flower decals to everyone. Given that all of the kids in the neighborhood are boys, I don't think her pretty little nails were fully appreciated, but she didn't seem to notice.


As she was getting ready for bed she fanned her hands out and was staring at them when she randomly exclaimed, "I love them, my nails!" so I guess it was all worth it.

No comments: