Monday, September 27, 2010

Vegas Vacation

Last week Caleb had a training for work in Las Vegas. His company put him up in the Four Seasons , a super nice 5 star hotel, with a killer view.


My mom was kind enough to take our children for 4 days and I tagged along with him. It was the longest we have ever been away from them, and I have to say it was weird not having two little kiddos. The first day I slept in, took a hot bath, read my book, watched Man vs. Wild (it is my new favorite TV show lately), worked out in the fitness center and it was only 1 o'clock in the afternoon. It would have taken me a full week to find time to myself to get all that done at home :) So relaxing!


At night we were able to hang out together. We went to dinner and a show and somehow ended up spending our entire evening with senior citizens. After a night out with his coworker the first night, we wanted a break from all the noise, lights, smells and sights of the strip so we ducked into a Denny's where I am certain we were the only ones not getting 15% off our bill that evening. Afterwards we went to the Frank Caliendo show, which we had read extensive reviews about ahead of time. What we neglected to consider is that clean, comedic impression shows on the Las Vegas Boulevard apparently don't appeal to anyone within at least 2 decades of our own age range. He was hilarious though, and we had a blast.

It was nice to get away for a little while and enjoy sometime together without the demands of home and kids and work etc, but coming home we were so excited to hug those little guys, I wouldn't trade them for anything.

No comments: