Sunday, April 11, 2010

You know your a Mormon Mom when...


...you have your child pose for a picture and blog about his first time giving the prayer in Primary.

We snuck in to listen to him and were able to hear him say the whole thing on his own (I did have to help him remember to wrap things up after the second round of thanks for Makelly-Belly). His entire prayer was one of gratitude thanking Heavenly Father for his mom and dad and sister and Primary and church and everyone in the whole world and Sister Gale and Jesus, among other things.

He has such a sweet little spirit, I just love that kid. Also, every week (or maybe once a month, I don't know) they tell the kids that if they did something to try and be like Jesus that week they can put a "warm fuzzy" in the jar. I got to see Corbin raise his little hand and put a warm fuzzy in for eating all his green beans.

Cute that he was so proud of himself for that, because I really did fight with him for nearly an hour to get him to finish his required three bites. I am glad he recognizes the significance of accomplishing that and obeying in the end, despite how clearly difficult it was for him.

No comments: