Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Silly Girl!

Caleb remembers liking all of the kid foods with animal names as a child, such as pigs in a blanket, birdies in the nest, etc. So I decided to try pigs in the blanket with Corbin awhile ago, and he actually liked them (a shock seeing how he won't eat meat). So today I decided to try ants on a log for his snack. (What an appealing picture :)


He ate these too! And they are made with celery, a vegetable (don't tell him that though, or we may lose his approval). So I was thinking maybe the cute animal names theme was really working for me and I should rename all vegetables and meat dishes until I was pointing out one of the "ants" and he looks at me and starts laughing and says, "Silly girl, it's not an ant, it's a raisin!" I tried multiple times to explain that no, he wasn't eating a real ant, it just looked like ants so that's what we call it. He never relented though, he decided he is just far too smart to fall for that, and there was no way he was calling a raisin an ant.

No comments: