Friday, June 27, 2008

Arts and Crafts

So Corbin in typical boy fashion, rarely sits down and focuses long enough to color, or anything creative requiring fine motor skills, really. Every week so far he has come home from nursery with a blank piece of paper with his name written in the corner. I always see his cousin Rachel sitting quietly and being occupied coloring wherever we are, and I wish I could get him to do that so that I could get more done.

So I decided to let Corbin try putting stickers on the paper instead, thinking maybe he would have fun and concentrate on that. So I showed him how it worked and helped him get started, then went to do the dishes in the other room. Within about 2 minutes he came in to show me his masterpiece.

Here is the result:


Then of course he wanted to try and see if he could stick any on my face... so much for getting things done.

But I must say he sure was proud of himself. He kept pointing and saying "nose" and smiling at himself. (I don't know if he was aware that he also managed to get one to stick to his hair.)

I guess I will have to keep working on it with him.

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Stickers were a good idea. Does he like Play-Doh? He could use some motor skills playing with play-doh too. Give it a try.

derek said...

Hello Miller Family,...We haven't seen you in a while...when shall we play hand and foot